Montgenèvre, nice apartment ground floor, sunny,Up 8 places.
- Response rate: 89%
- Average response time: within one day
Securely book your vacation. Follow our tips and avoid scams.Find out more
Find your vacation home with peace of mind
Our golden rules to avoid fraud
Vacation homes, tips to avoid fraud.
You often hear of internet scams in the property field: nonexistent properties, homes for rent without the consent from the legitimate home owner, properties passed off as “held” and unveiled as actual slums. There are many varying possible undesirable mishaps that can turn your vacation bitter, therefore it is wise to be careful.
Casevacanza.it was created in order to facilitate the communication between parties: the process of leasing remains the responsibility of the home owner, advertiser and the tenant, that said we work on reducing problems and possibilities of fraud against people.
We have developed a system to detect possible fraud before publishing listings and we carefully verify all reports from our tenants regarding inappropriate behavior of the home owners. However, it is always advisable to pay particular attention when leasing from private owners to avoid incurring bad experiences.
We recommend CAREFULLY FOLLOWING these tips:
- There is no single system to catch out a scammer. It is always necessary to use common sense, even more so with those who are not familiar with: "professional scam artists", and dishonest thieves who take advantage of the good faith of others, they are more or less experts in the art of deception, unable to do anything else in life.
- Be wary of accommodation with very low prices yet spectacular photographs. It is necessary to be realistic and compare prices of similar properties to be sure that the price is "fair".
- Check the photos of the house. Request further photos of the interior and exterior of the property if those provided in the listing are not sufficient.
- Check the sign-up date (month and year) of the advertiser on CaseVacanza.it. “Older” advertisers would have already been blocked if they were scammers.
- Request all of the advertisers information (verified landline, verified mobile phone number, name and surname etc.): they are obliged to provide you with this information. It is necessary to have a reasonable guarantee regarding the identity of the person. Usually a scammer uses an invented name and works for companies without references. Likewise for accommodation, request the exact street and number. Verify that the house "exists", you can, for example, use the service of Google Maps Street View. If the owner refuses to provide you with this information, be wary.
- Before making a bank transfer make sure that the listing and the advertiser offer sufficient guarantees. If the owner’s IBAN or current account prove to be abroad (it is very simple to verify, check the first 2 letters) and the house is in Italy, be wary of the listing, it could be a scam. Why have an account abroad when the property is in Italy? The form of payment by means of credit card offers greater guarantees.
- Be wary if they ask you to make payments through Postepay, Cartalis, Western Union, MoneyGram, or prepaid cards. A bank transfer is safer because there are traces of the whole transaction.
- Ask the home owner for a copy of both sides of their identity card or passport. In order to be even safer, you can request the cadastral documents where the accommodation is registered. If they are the property owner you will see their name in the registry documents. If the property owner says that they are travelling abroad and cannot send it to you, do not trust them.
- Never reveal any personal information or current account number, unless directly related and necessary to complete the lease of the property.
- Be wary if the home owner tells you that they are traveling or on vacation, and that when you arrive on site they/ their representative will be there to meet you.
- It is convenient to ask the advertiser for a signed contract with all of their data. You can provide them with one through CaseVacanza.it in the section related to contractual models.
- Keep a record of all correspondence via email and messages.
- Be wary if the advertiser does not want to give you a landline phone number, or if they never answer.
Inform us of any possible and potential scams using thededicated form on the website or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apartment Montgenèvre Montgenèvrefrom 140€ per night
- Apartment Briançon Briançonfrom 92€ per night
- Other Le Poët Le Poëtfrom 99€ per night
- Apartment Gap Gapfrom 81€ per night
- Chalet/Mountain hut Serre Chevalier Serre Chevalierfrom 87€ per night
- Apartment Briançon Briançonfrom 80€ per night
- Apartment Guillestre Guillestrefrom 77€ per night
- Chalet/Mountain hut Serre Chevalier Serre Chevalierfrom 115€ per night
- No. of guests6
- Extra guests2
- Single beds4
- Double beds2
- Size (sqm)70
- Property TypeApartment
Semi-detached, apartment ground floor with independent entrance, outer space, ideal for large families, consisting of a comfortable entrance/dressing room, separate kitchen room, a large living room, with a sofa bed.A double bedroom, a bedroom with two bunk beds with bathroom with shower and bidet, and a second bathroom with bath, bidet and a washing machine.House at 300 metres from the ski slopes.
Tips and activities
Beautiful ski resort, usually full of snow, given that the country is at an altitude of 1850, suitable for everyone, experts and beginners, rich of many "safe" off-piste.The municipality offers a free shuttle service in the country to reach your home or the slopes during ski time.
For summer offers in addition to beautiful hikes bike-park, golf and adventure trail (trees) for adults and children. There is a swimming pool, tennis courts and a pond where rent small boats/canoes.There are also a few artificial lakes where you can fish.
Nearby is the beautiful val Claree, and visit the old town of Briancon, very impressive for its fortifications.
|Per night||Check-in day||Giorno d'uscita|
Seasonal or Special Rates
|From||To||Per night||Per Week||Check-in day||Giorno d'uscita||Minimum stay|
|4/3/16||6/5/16||150 €||1.050 €||Any||Any||4|